Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Laughing and Snow Covered Roads

Man, it feels great to laugh. Just choosing to be in a good mood. At first forcing myself to put smilies everywhere and be chipper with people... well, I eventually rubbed off onto me and had a great night. Go figure.

I laughed a lot tonight and I must say, I'm in a great mood. It was good too, I needed it.

Had a bit of a stressful day at work. But, it's sort of good. I needed a bit of a shake-up. I needed something to get me out of doing the same thing everyday--pushing paper. Sure, it looks like I'm doing nothing but honestly my day is taken up mostly by doing things that involve paper work. Like, little bit here and there.

I had to go out on a service call to one of our biggest clients. Their VPN went down because the stupid DSL Technician DESTROYED our VPN tunnel by doing a factory reset on the VPN Router. Hey, thanks. That only took us an ENTIRE day to set up, jerk.

So, I had to go up a few miles past Pine Grove to get the job done. While I was up there it started to snow like crazy. Well, crazy for me. I live in California. :P In fact, I only see snow where I live about once or twice a year. The interesting thing is that if I drive 8 miles up the road (I was about 4 miles past this point) you're where it snows every year regularly.

So, these people are used to it. Me? Nope. I have a Honda Accord. Not exactly what you'd call SNOW ready. So, I'm trying to get out of this place while there's still light and while the roads are still visible. Nope. I get out of there past the time I usually get off of work.

So as I'm leaving I START SLIDING DOWN THE ROAD. GAH.

But, being the savvy driver that I am, I figured it out and got out of the slide. I then made it to the Highway and tried my darnedest to stay on my side of the road--as there was no more yellow line. So, here I am trying my best to even see as the snow was coming down pretty hard, at night, and my toes were cold. Great.

I'm white knuckling the steering wheel only doing about 35 miles per hour on the highway. Then--I thought I'd never be so happy to have someone pull in front of me--a giant Hummer pulls out in front of me and proceeds to unknowingly guide me through the mountainous terrain. So I finally make it to where the snow isn't sticking anymore and I can breath easier.

I didn't go back to work to pick up my things.

I then went to Taco Bell with Jason. MMMMMMMMM

I finished off the night with Mai and Kev playing iSketch. I laughed and I feel great. :) So, goodnight sleepy world.




p.s. Snow isn't that bad. But, I needed a good story. I was genuinely scared though. =0

No comments: