Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Not much.

So, let's see here. I've decided that I'm going to stop being lazy when waking up. It's so easy to grab my phone (my primary alarm clock) and open it and then close it. Ah, sleep mode. It's like 8 minutes of heaven... or 8 minutes of knowing you're about to wake up again to exact same noise that woke you up the first time.

I don't get it. How on earth do people SPRING out of bed in the mornings and greet the day with a smile? I mean, even when I go to bed earlier I just want to sleep more! I suppose there is that sweet spot, where you sleep at literally 8 hours and you can get up just fine. Anything over that 8 hours will make you want more sleep and anything under will make you feel... well, groggy.

As I just re-read over my previous statement perhaps I'm alone in this. :( Either way, I've found that if I can just have enough will power, I can make myself get up on the first alarm. If I do that, I usually feel a lot better.

But, amazingly a lot can happen in those 8 minutes. I can dream a good portion of a dream in that time. I can even leave off from the previous dream or even start a new epic story that I don't want to be torn away from. This is a part of what makes waking up unbearable sometimes...

I dream my most vivid dreams in these morning hours. Usually I wake up early in the morning and then fall back to sleep. When this happens is when I have my favorite time in sleep. There seems to be more comfort and much more entertainment as I always seem to remember my dreams.

Also, I guess I remember my dreams more often than most people? If you ask me if I remember my dream from the previous night I can usually remember a lot of details depending on when you ask me. I've always wondered about that, too. Why is it that you can remember dreams so well in the morning and then by day's end you cannot remember as much? I understand the concept that the further time goes same goes your memory of less important memories. But, why are dreams so hard to remember unless extremely powerful or just straight up memorable?

hhmm, I might have just answered my own question...

Dreams... maybe that's why I don't like waking up. Oh, who am I kidding? I LOVE SLEEP. If I could sleep in everyday, I WOULD. I mean, heck yes!

No comments: